I keep getting faster!
Since I started using TrainerRoad two years ago, I have consistently broken through fitness plateaus to get faster and faster. I was already well-trained when I started and my FTP increased from ~230 to ~280. It's simple: follow the plan. I've used TR to prepare for all kinds of events: local crits, ultra-distance races, and 8-hr fondos through the Alps. Both my wife and I have accounts. I wish I hadn't told her about it because she's gotten her W/kg up to 4.5... meaning I should really stop eating those muffins.
Here is what I like most about TR:
- It loads quickly on my phone or computer. I don't have to spend time getting it setup every morning. It just works.
- The focus is on the training and nothing else.
- The new calendar feature and TSS tracking makes many other apps redundant, so that saves money and energy.
- I love setting and tracking PRs per season and being able to compare seasonal power graphs. This was impossible to do in other apps.
- The ability to increase/decrease the intensity of a workout on the fly. For example, if I'm nearing the end of a VO2Max interval and finding that I could go a little harder, I might decide to up the watts (usually at the end). Or I realize that this recovery ride is not feeling as easy as it should, I might drop the intensity.
- The minimized view makes it easy for my wife to watch terrible TV shows while she ramps up her FTP higher and higher. Make it stop, Chad!
- I appreciate the simple and thoughtful design of the app.
I've used all available indoor training tools and TrainerRoad is the only I pay for.
Alhan K. / United States